Thursday 31 October 2019

"The Drone" - A Post for Halloween....

Its not often I have a geo-related 'Halloween' blogpost - but I came across this movie on Sky movies recently and could not believe my eyes...someone seems to have cast a standard DJI Drone as 'the murderer' in a recent movie. It has everything to shock and horrify a licensed drone pilot - unsafe flying practices, dangerous maneuvers in shared airspace, flying indoors, GDPR violations - it even looks like it weaponises poor battery charging procedures. The thing that will push me over the edge is if they don't back up their data at the end...horrific.






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.