Thursday 13 December 2018

Making Victorian Dublin

Thanks to Dr. Avril Behan from DIT for tipping me off on this - arguably (actually no argument) the fanciest building to house any Geography Dept in the country (and Rhetoric here in Maynooth is a beauty) - a recent project by DIT grad Dr. Conor Dore is now available online. The Museum Building is now completely modelled in 3D with an interactive online point cloud available for viewing.

Link to the full story here at the MakingVictorianDublin website.

I was there not too long ago for a meeting in the (whatever is the fancy Victorian word for the) lobby (foyer?) - and remember the beautiful stairwell and domed ceiling - but I don't remember the big fossils in this pic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.