Thursday 22 October 2015

IEOS 2015

A good day and a good turn-out at the IEOS yesterday in NUIG hosted by the Ryan Institute. A lovely campus, my first time there.

Our group was presenting, "Sensor Pods and Sensor Fusion; Initial Results from an Aerial Survey". We had combined a Nikon D800 SLR with a Zeiss lens, a Tau 640 Thermal, a Agrosensor Multispectral and a HD video camera in a sensor pod and used it for a number of different study areas in a single flight. Here is a snapshot of one of my slides -FCC, thermal and RGB of Knowth, an impressive passage tomb in Meath. I had originally thought it was Newgrange, which would have been a great claim to make as considering how much time I usually spend waffling about accuracies that would mean this system was off by about +/- 1,200 meters..



No questions from the audience afterwards - does that mean

a) they were lost
b) i explained everything so well nothing further was needed...

Ignorance is bliss, I don't need to know.

An excellent keynote speech covering SAR too and tipped me off on a few good sources for an upcoming iCrag project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.