Sunday 23 September 2018

AR Sandbox

My dream of getting my hands on an AR sandbox become a bit less fantastic this week. I had decided by hook or by crook that I would get the hardware and start making one - some great online guides, even AutoDESK have one up there - but I was alerted via twitter of one that was already in Maynooth! The CS department 'Makers Club' had built one with some French interns a few years back. I will get my begging bowl out and see if they might let us borrow it for Geography Week which is coming up soon. If it is a hit we might look at making our own, we have most of the hardware except the Kinect sensor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.