Friday 14 September 2018

Aerial surveys, drought and archaeology

The extremely dry conditions over the past 4 months really has resulted in perfect conditions for archaeologists to spot new sites of interest, usually via airplane, drone or even satellite. From drones spotting new info at newgrange, to abandoned farmsteads at the bottom of reservoirs appearing for the first time in generations spotted by aerial survey teams, to satellite finding new sites in the UK, there really is great potential for a change detection study using some HR imagery around the countries that had the worst of the drought. I wonder what Copernicus might pick up? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.