Monday 13 October 2014

Milan MC Meeting

The 1st COST Optimise Workshop was held in Milan last week. Very enjoyable trip, I heard about lots of interesting research and hardware and I met numerous interesting people who are working with UAVs and hysperspectral sensors.

Despite a rough start where the GPS on my phone shafted me - again (honestly I was this





close before it started working), I found my way to the hotel and then went to University of Milan, Bicocca. One and a half days of the workshop and a management committee meeting on the final day. I spoke to people using the Rikola, Headwall and Cubert hyperspectral sensors. Ocean Optics spectrometers seem to be a popular choice too.



Lots of people with electronic engineering experience who could knock together the workings of a UAV in the same amount of time it takes me to get our UAV instructions laminated. I got some good info on correction techniques for scan line hyperspectral sensors on board UAVs - a software package called "Parse" is the tool to have. However it is not showing up on Google so I better try and track down the person who recommended it as they also said there was some interesting literature on their site.

A very interesting meeting.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.