Monday 6 October 2014

IEOS2014 registration open and draft programme released

http://ieos2014.com/

Is coming along nicely. We opened registration last week and we have already got around 40 people. This is the first symposium I have been involved in organising so I don't know what the attrition rate of "registered" V "show up on the day" is but I'm guessing it's usually pretty high judging from all the unclaimed badges that you see on the registration desk at the end of most conferences. Plus this conference is free so they lose nothing if they don't show up.

We uploaded an early draft of the programme here and we already have a great line-up of keynote speakers confirmed. Ed Parsons from Google, Olly Guinan from Skybox and Peter Baumann from Jacobs University. We are waiting on confirmation from one more keynote speaker - hopefully Gordon Campbell from ESA and about 5 others who will play a big role in the round-table discussion.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.