Friday 3 October 2014

GIScience 2014

Just back this week from a trip to the beautiful city of Vienna - I was attending GISCience 2014 with Chris Brunsdon and Martin Charlton. Some of our work for the ESPON project was submitted as an extended abstract entitled "Data Imputation in Short-Run Space-Time series – a Bayesian Approach" to the conference and it was presented last Wednesday at GIScience 2014.






Some very interesting talks and I met alot of new people.  And, happily, some old faces too! The first time at a conference that I've met some people that I had worked with, Usually you get to recognise a few familiar faces but this time these were people I had worked with for a number of years who had since moved on. Maryam and Christian were there presenting, "Modularity and spectral regional clustering by commuter flows" , and Urska was there presenting, "Edge-based communities for identification of functional regions in a taxi flow network ".

And Vienna, wow - what a city! You could be forgiven for thinking that a King or Queen lived on every street the buildings were that impressive. I mean this photo shows it is no Henry Street!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.