Tuesday 6 June 2017

USGS Updated Spectral Library

The USGS have released an update spectral ibrary - it even seems to contain the beginnings of an oil library. A lack of a suitable library (and cloud free dates to get images of slicks!) was one of the main problems I encountered in the iCRAG project so this is a very welcome update.

"Spectra of oil emulsions, residues and oil-contaminated marsh plants from the BP and Deepwater Horizon oil spills are included"

Primarily spill related but still better than nothing. I'm sure we have Mark Wahlberg to thank for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.