Thursday 27 April 2017

Coastal Renewables - Electricity from Drones?

A innovation I have come across a number of times recently in wind energy is the use of light weight kites or similar to generational rotational energy. These are alot cheaper than the traditional turbines and easier and quicker to deploy. Looking through the Irish Times recently I came across an article about a plan to use drones in a kite surfing fashion to generate energy and a test site had already been identified off the coast of Mayo. Ireland 'has the best wind' apparently - just the best. It is interesting to see drones possibly providing energy as usually they just use it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.