Tuesday 19 April 2016

Sentinel 1b launch

The second of the Sentinel SAR satellites is going up this Friday. Sentinel 1b's introduction means that instead of having to wait approx 12 days between each overpass we should only have to wait about 5 or 6 days? They have also piggybacked a number of smaller cubesats on the launch vehicle to get maximum bang for their buck.. Speaking of Sentinel - here is a great image that I came across last week of a Sentinel 1a multi-temporal SAR colour composite of land coverage across the island created by ESA.



Good luck Sentinel 1b.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.