Wednesday 6 April 2016

Citations and Profile

I must admit that it does give me a chuckle to think that if something was published along the lines of,

"...and the most recent findings of Cahalane et. al are absolute rubbish - they should be struck off the University's books and whipped by a professional committee...",

it would count as a citation and could possibly increase my h-index.

Additionally - there was a relatively well publicised case of thesis data falsification earlier in the year - I had a look at the person in questions Researchgate page - as did many others..they were hot stuff for a few days and their RG score went up correspondingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.