Monday 30 November 2015

SCS Merger Finalised

The merger of the IIS and the SCSI is now complete. After a few kick-off meetings and the members meet last week things are starting to get moving again, great to see. A recent article in Irish Construction Magazine announcing it to a wider audience.



I'll be pushing ahead with the transfer of the old IIS Remote Sensing Working Group, anyone interested in helping just email/post here. First thing on the agenda will be looking at getting some of the bigger University RS and GIS modules accredited - the graduates of these all end up working in Geomatics, but don't have a proper home as of yet.

Time to remedy that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.