Tuesday 17 November 2015

Bathymetry Paper Published

Another one up on the board! We had a paper entitled, "Spatial Prediction of Coastal Bathymetry Based on Multispectral Satellite Imagery and Multibeam Data" published in Remote Sensing a few weeks ago. The test area was Dublin bay. If you can get sediment free conditions in a satellite image then satellite bathymetry really is an exciting solution and we used spatial regression algorithms to improve the accuracy of the satellite derived bathymetric surface model.



This paper was a collaboration between Xavier Monteys from the GSI, Paul Harris (ex StratAG) and Silvia Caloca from ICARUS and it was the study that provided the incentive to follow up with the SFI Industry Fellowship  with TechWorks Marine in 2013. Some excellent plot libraries in R and my co-authors were very familiar with them - I can honestly say it is the best looking paper I have been an author on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.