Thursday 20 August 2015

Leica Photogrammetry Suite - a.k.a. - Imagine Photgrammetry

ERDAS Imagine now has Leica Photogrammetry Suite incorporated. It has been rebranded as, "Imagine Photogrammetry" or so I understand. This may also have done the job for calculating distortion coefficients that I mentioned in my previous post but I did not get around to exploring it properly. I would like to experiment with satellite stereo imaging, like SPOT, Pleiades, etc. I may also use it to validate the results from OpenCV and it vould be a potential low cost option for creating orthomosaics with UAS imagery, as we already have an ERDAS licence at the University.



An alternative option is VisualSFM, a different software package I am looking at after a reccomendation from a UAV operator last week- but that will be a post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.