Tuesday 2 June 2015

Discovery Programme

I am a big fan of the Discovery Programme. They are always one of the highlights of any remote sensing conference with such beautiful, high quality models. I use their images in my LiDAR lectures and show the students the free to access, online, great collection of 3D models for most of the heritage sites around the country.

Here is a great shot of their DĂșn Aonghusa model. You can also look at RGB point clouds and pan and zoom as you like.





So I was very glad to see the formal launch of their project getting a mention in thejournal.ie a few weeks back. The DP also have some full scans of Skellig Michael, I wonder did they use them for the new Star Wars movie? I know they were filming there.



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.