Thursday 16 April 2015

Snowflakes

I came across a great post a while back on close-range photogrammetry and snowflakes. IMaging something that small really is about as close range as you can get! You can watch a live feed of snowflakes (when it is snowing) or inspect them in detail at this link. If that isn't enough there is a whole gallery of them here.



Two other things I discovered while looking into this:

1. MS Word stubbornly refuses to recognise well-established terms like, 'photogrammetry' or 'orthophotograph', but has no problem with the term, 'selfie'.

2. Snowflakes can also be referred to as 'Hydrometeors'. I bet not many people are going to call their cat that.

Top 10 White Cat Names


1. Snowball
2. Cotton
3. Snowflake
4. Ivory
5. Casper
6. Crystal
7. Icicle
8. Snowy
9. Marshmallow 
10. Flurry


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.