Wednesday 28 May 2014

ESPON Conference and NUIM publication scheme

Three posts in three days!  It has been a busy week, lots of news.

I'm off next week to Greece for the ESPON conference on 'Blue Growth' and 'Urban Poverty'

Linky

The conference is in Napflio, and it looks like a beautiful spot.


Having said that, the flights are usually delayed going out and we have a bus transfer at the airport we need to make. Added to that, Napflio is 180km from Athens airport so if we don;t make the bus we have some exploring to do...

I also got word this morning that my application to the NUIM publication fund was (partially) successful. I applied for publishing costs for two papers - one I mentioned in the previous post. The second hasn't been accepted yet, so they declined to cover that. Still - €1,475 covers the first paper nicely, and maybe I can get the costs for second covered elsewhere.

Everyone loves free stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.