Monday 25 March 2019

Plane Spotters V Drone Renegades

I deleted a few awful drone puns as potential headers for this post - will be hard to get through the rest of it without making one but I am determined to do it. 

There was an interesting initiative announced in the Journal.ie  at the weekend. Warning posters have been placed all around the boundary of Dublin Airport with information on how airplane enthusiasts/spotters can report suspicious drone usage. It might be stereotyping to characterise them as such, but considering airplane spotters are probably fans of rules, regulations and order; are operating in the problem zone; have binoculars and are taking pictures constantly - they are good allies to have in the fight against drone renegades like those who closed down Gatwick (and Dublin to a lesser extent) a few months back.


Pic courtesy of thejournal.ie
 The main complaints in the comments section were about why the notices are 'as gaeilge'. My word of the day is Ladrainn - which means drone, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.