Friday 30 November 2018

Phantom 4 RTK/PPK - a step closer to reality

I'm looking at that new Phantom 4 on the market with the real time dGPS corrections via 4G dongle/post processed and I'm becoming more and more impressed by the prospect - particularly for drone bathymetry flights, where image matching is almost impossible. 


Problem is the RTK module sits on the roof of the drone (above) - so the GPS or sunlight sensors for a multispec (below) will be blocking the signal - so you;d be limited to RGB only.

Have any readers/hardware wizards got a solution?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.