Thursday 22 September 2016

Ploughing Championships 2016

I spent most of yesterday afternoon at the Ploughing Championships, peddling my wares at the Chartered Surveyors stand. iCrag had been there the day before, Maynooth University are there all three days and I was the Geomatics representative on the afternoon slot, showcasing some RPAS and satellite applications that could be of use to the rural community. What an event - over 200,000 people in two days and it is almost like a small city.

Here it is (image centre, very bright pixels) doing its best to outshine Tullamore (NE corner of image) on yesterdays Sentinel 1a image. It's Ireland's biggest outdoor event, i understand....




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.