Friday 10 June 2016

iCRAG Summit 2016

I had a great time at the iCRAG summit in Athlone this week. The hotel, on the banks of Lough Ree was a great venue and very picturesque. The last time I was in Athlone was attending SciCom, and I raced the rain out of town at the beginning of the terrible weather that lead to flooding in early December 2015/Jan 2016 - so I was pleased to be warm, dry and see it looking so well. A great turn out, some really interesting talks on geology that even a non-geologist like me could comprehend and some really funny presenters. I find that anyone who graduated from a 'geo' course is generally extremely likeable and good company.

Looking forward to the 2017 event. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.