Wednesday 23 March 2016

OSi GI Research and Development Initiatives.

Ordnance Survey Ireland launched their new R&D initiatives yesterday - a very welcome addition to the competitive funding pool for Ireland. Some of the info needs clarifying but it looks like
  • 2 x 2 year x €50k Postdoc funding.
  • 5 x €5k MSc prize

are up for grabs. The priority areas all seem to have a satellite/ remote sensing element to them as well so I may have to look and also get the students to submit their portfolios for the MSc prize.


Their own work really looks good too - linked data, Prime 2 - well done OSi! Full info and launch is scheduled for the 29th of April so hopefully more info available then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.