Tuesday 12 May 2015

Unmanned Aircraft Association of Ireland

I better do this update before new news becomes old news. We hosted the inaugural meeting of the Unmanned Aircraft Association of Ireland (UAAI) at the NCG in early April. This is a group of like-minded professionals whose aim is to promote the safe and successful integration of unmanned aircraft into Irish airspace and helping to establish the technology within Ireland. Surveyors, engineers, legal professionals, regulations reps, videographers, equipment suppliers, they were all there. The NCG's own Dr. Tim McCarthy was elected head of the working group on technology and I will be working with him on that. If you are wondering why I am not in the photo it is because I was the one taking it!



UAAI Council

Chairman: Julie Garland
Secretary/Treasurer: Enda Nolan

Directors
Outreach: Steve Flynn
Public Relations: Fearghus Foyle
Operations: Gearóid O' Briain
Data Privacy: John Wright
Technology: Tim McCarthy



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Conor. I am a Lecturer at the Department of Geography at Maynooth University. These few lines will (hopefully) chart my progress through academia and the world of research.